The water that comes into your home for bathing and cooking can drastically affect your health. Whether through drinking or exposure in the shower, the chemicals in your tap water play a role in your appearance and how your body feels. Proper hydration is needed for so many elements of our bodies to function properly. Clean water is a necessity for you and your family and installing a whole house water filtration system can ensure you’re all getting the purest water possible.
What does water filtration do?
Bacteria, chemicals and heavy metals are removed from your water through a filtration system. Advanced home water filtration systems operate in one of two ways:
- Carbon Filters: Layers of activated charcoal traps impurities in your tap water. The filtration system produces crisp, clean water that’s ideal for bathing, drinking and cooking.
- Reverse Osmosis: Impeccably clean water is produced through what’s considered the most effective home water filtration method. Water is forced through a semipermeable membrane by high levels of air pressure. The membrane captures chemicals and other bacteria, leaving only clean water.
Water quality issues aren’t uncommon in many cities across the U.S. In fact, there are levels of chemicals that the government has deemed ok for consumption. A home water filtration system eliminates even the “safe” amount of toxins.
Why choose a water filtration system
It’s difficult to be sure what is in your tap water or bottled water you purchase at the store. Drinking water is said to have nearly 2,100 toxins, but with a filtration system, they shouldn’t be cause for worry. Here are the benefits of a whole house water filtration system:
- Extend the life of your plumbing. By reducing the amounts of heavy metals and chemicals that flow through your pipes, you can slow the process of natural corrosion and extend the life of your plumbing system.
- Build eco-friendly habits. If you’re used to purchasing bottled water, a home filtration system not only eliminates that cost, but it also helps protect the environment. Americans used about 50 billion plastic water bottles last year. However, the U.S.’s recycling rate for plastic is only 23 percent. Install a filtration system to create a better environment.
- Improve skin condition and texture. If you’ve ever stepped out of the shower feeling itchy or dry, it could be because of your water. Chlorine and fluoride, two chemicals often found in tap water, can cause skin irritation or increase the chances of developing eczema.
- Improve the taste of drinking water. One of the most noticeable differences is the pure, clean taste of your water when using a filtration system.
- Cleaner clothes. Unfiltered tap water can leave deposits on clothes during the wash. Your filtration system can eliminate the chemicals that create those deposits.
Prolong the life of your plumbing, improve your family’s health and save on buying bottled water with a whole house water filtration system. Today’s systems are designed to last for 10 years or longer, creating a difference you can see and taste.